Last autumn I was lucky to get a second-hand greenhouse. It is a very nice one, 8ft x 6ft. My friend’s colleague from work was selling it and because Stevie knew I was looking for a greenhouse, she told me about it. She also went with me to get it – one morning’s work and it was dismantled. Amazing how quickly we took it apart! We saved all the screws, clips and rubber seals and then put the metal pieces in one pile and the glass panes in another on my plot on the allotment.
So far so good.
I kept looking at it thinking I should get on and start putting it together. I leveled the ground and selected the four pieces for the base – and that’s as far as I got. With dread I realised that I might have bitten more than I could chew.
Fortunately I have a very good friend there who casually said – I’ll give you a hand with that greenhouse. I thought, well it’ll need more than just giving me a hand and said that much to him. But Dave thought that it’ll be quite easy. It is, when you know what to do. And he did.
To cut a long story short, the new/old greenhouse is finished, I just went today to get two panes of glass I managed to break, put them in (by now I know how to do that) and I am a proud owner of a super structure.
Now I have got time to sort out the inside of it, create two beds, fill them with extra soil and well-rotted manure and all is ready for growing an amazing crop of tomatoes.