The weather is on my side, digging is almost done.
I managed to burn most of the cut down raspberries and any other bits and pieces so it was a clean up day today.
Just about a third of this patch is left to dig and then all is done – that is until the weeds grow again. I have been working this piece of land for a good few years and the bindweed is holding on in there….
The next job was inside the fruit cage. Some of the currant bushes are getting past their best so I have decided to rejuvenate some. One each year will be just about right. I dug out one red currant and replaced it with a white currant. Managed to get it by chance in B&Q for £1 – I already have one and wanted to have another one for ages. Their flavour is lovely.