I started my seedlings in the propagator in the back bedroom, then moved them to the greenhouse in the back garden and now moved them again, this time to one of the greenhouses on the allotment.
I was rather concerned that the biggest squashes might fall off, that the stem would break under their weight so I decided to rig up some support.
All it needed was a piece of old green netting for the big round one and two old onion nets and all is we.. It would be a shame if I lost them now, after all the effort….
Despite the very dry period my monsters seem to be getting bigger. One of the Zucca da marmelata fruits increased so much I had to create a support for it, I don’t want to lose it too soon, before being fully ripe. I hope it’ll hold it.
There is one more monster but I don’t think I shall try to do anything, hope for the best.
My very own Maltese pumpkin – well, one of a few – let’s see what he’ll manage.