The work continues. Yesterday I managed to uproot most of the tall sunflowers and left them for the next day. That day was today. Yet another very mild day, ideal for some hoeing – I don’t dig as a rule and it seems to work. I wanted to clear the whole patch where I had the elephant garlic and sweetcorn. Half of it was done so I wanted to finish it. The soil is so beautifully crumbly, full of worms and I even found about six more elephant garlic plants. These I planted into a small bed, ready with some so these have just filled it.
I have got quite a lot of elephant garlic plants growing in a large grow bed in the greenhouse at home and I will plant them out in the spring.
The main part of the work today was quite easy in the end so I’m getting the plot sorted out slowly but surely.