As usual I started with a number of rows of beetroot seedling but before I knew the birds have tried to strip the leaves off. I was just in time, I put loads of sticks between the rows and used old video tapes to string here and there. It worked, I’m very pleased to say. The harvest has started and I’m happy with it.
As usual I boiled the first lot and ate them just cooked – lovely! The next harvest was turned into my favourite chutney.
This is just about the best recipe, I have been making this chutney for quite a number of years. It keeps well and, like most chutneys, it improves with keeping.